Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hawks And Blue Heron















































































Just as I reached the Cabin after Breakfast, sighted Hawk, Cedar, flying over the Cabins and across the Road above the Swimming Pool...followed, (and trying to remember if I checked for traffic!...been known to set up the tripod in mid Road, oblivious)...anyway, Cedar was seen by the housekeepers, and I circled about the Rooms, and no luck, unitil I crossed the Road back to the Cabin and Cedar came back from the Pool and perched in the same Alder as a couple days ago...took some quick pics through the branches.... and then from nearly the same Boulder where I waited for Cedar to fly the other day, I crouched low and was lucky to get a pic of Cedar flying off towards the Bike Path...followed, and found Cedar perched on a Pine Snag Branch...pic...and found a vantage point with Falls in background...pic...kinda cool!...and Cedar finally flew off back towards the Creek...thought to follow, but thought too with little time, I'd like to find Coop...so out to Bobcat Meadow...I was scanning the Trees approaching Chapel Bridge, and in a Tall Ponderosa upstream near the Cottonwoods, I sighted something different near the Trunk...checked with binocs...
Oh! Blue Heron!!...very cool...had some fun taking pics with The Three Things in Background...Half Dome, Falls, and Sentinel...(fourth 'thing' is the Cathedrals!)...when I was taking the Sentinel pics, I began to hear Hawk, Coop for sure, over in the Artist's Grove...and just as I neared there, Coop flew across the Meadow to the Elm...farfar away pics...and once again out into the Hummocks!...and got half way again, and Coop flew across the Road to the Oak Grove...I went over to the Artist's Grove and back to the Path, and around to the Oak Grove, and was lucky to see Coop fly Tree to Tree two more times...more farfar away flight pics...followed out the Appletree Path, but no luck, and time....sunny blueblue with puff clouds and warm...report of the same two Mallard pairs by Beaver Bend....pic of Ouzel from Chapel Bridge, for sometime...tomorrow I could go up to Badger..ski out and back on Glacier Road, maybe see Grey Owl...but I keep having this debate with myself...taking the pics and clips in the Valley is a continuing thing that I have become sort of uniquely positioned for...I could go to a lot of places, but so can a lot of people, and I dont know of too many that can closely observe the Valley from my vantage...so I often decide to just stay put, and pass over a lot of opportunities to see other areas of the Park and Sierra,... and World too, I think, sometime hearing the stories from the world travelers hereabout!!...this to say, I stay within my reach...and the challenges it presents...
youTub Clip of the Day...Deer Mouseys, with very cool song...

1 comment:

DavidDavid said...

yosemite faith has left a new comment on your post "Morning Does and Fawn":

love the shot of the fawn. it is amazing to hear one cry - once at tulloch (copperopolis) a mama dear went to hide - unless we wouldn't have been luckily enough to see where she went - we would have never found here. the playful fawn suddenly missed mom and was crying out for her. mom never left her spot - we could just barely make out the shadows of the tips of her ears but she was nearby to make sure her babe was just fine. thanks for the jog to my california memory bank. i lived in calif as long as the shared time i have lived in michigan - so it is really more home to me.