Monday, January 11, 2010

Deer House Hawk




Paddled over to the Post Office....Shuttled back to the Cabin...earlier had gone back to the Creek while doing laundry...quiet...Kinglet clip.....in the late afternoon, geared up with the two cameras and tripod, and paddled over to Two Top Pine Meadow...quiet...Downy Woodpecker at Swinging Bridge.. made the Big Loop...walked slow, and at last light, was on the Bike Path in Bobcat Meadow, and sighted Hawk, Red Tail, Zeke!, on a Ponderosa Branch...same Ponderosa by the Deer House where I saw Cooper's Hawk awhile back...pics and clips....
Branch looked to be Zeke's night roost, so didn't try to get closer than I was, and even went back to the Merced when I picked up...walked along the River and out the Meadow to the Village for pizza.....sunny hazy blue warm, until the sun went down, then cold...weather change coming I hear...
Link of the Day: A Valley clip on the new Canon 7D, with music and such, at a web site for new dslr video....Thick Antlered Buck is on the clip, and the Little Tree on the Rock Wall I often photograph my ownself, it's on one's left after crossing over the Lower Falls view bridge going East....clip is of interest too as I have thought to get a 7D....colors look richer, and better detail than the 20x....oh...I will have to study this out!!
here's another, a report with sample clip...with Coot...

1 comment:

yosemite faith said...

ahh doing laundry in housekeeping camp. i had time to do a lot of reflecting and watching while there. love your photos and stories. thanks, as always, for sharing.