Saturday, January 30, 2010

Grey Squirrel Acrobat
















Stepped outside geared up, and friend with car was out front....caught a ride over to the Post Office....not much time for the walk, and I wanted to collect some more Tree Grain pics...paddled over to Sentinel Bridge for the fallen Ponderosa near there....another friend was in the Sentinel Parking Lot, and chuckled at the sight of the little waterproof atop the tripod....I get that a lot...'Wait a minute...' I said, and put the scope up....and showed them the Falls through the scope, and took a clip...they were duly impressed!...not much time left at all for the walk..and hurried back to the Cabin....one pic...Grey Squirrel on Broadleaf Maple Branch....and three more Tree Grains...the Bus Oak...Rooms Cedar, and Sentinel Bridge Ponderosa....dont know what to make of the Grains, but they have my interest!....sunny with puff clouds and warm...month and a half old report of Hawk crashing into the Big Windows at the A Rooms and perishing...
Link of the Day: (a Dendrochronology enthusiast!)
well, it wont past the url...here's title:
Dan Griffin's Biosphere 2 Blog
Dendrochronology
see 'Laboratory of Tree Ring Research' too!
and the 'Ultimate Tree Ring site'
I dont know what's happened to my 'paste'...had this problem before and fixed it, but can't recall how!

6 comments:

Mern said...

Hi David,
Yes the square is black for the video but I get a message that says in bold white letters 'this video is currently not available. Please try again later.' ok if it works on your end it must be me? I will get a hold of Steven @ Sierra visions, he is wiz maybe he can tell me what I am doing wrong. Again I love your blog, THANKS

yosemite faith said...

my best friend - in yosemite & out - rhonda (RIP) loved the animals of the valley. she would watch the squirrels and birds for hours on end. we always feel that every squirrel in yosemite (high & low) at least has heard of rhonda and we always great them with great enthusiasm.

Jeannette said...

Tree rings are wonderful stories, aren't they? And close up photos of of them are art of art...

DavidDavid said...

Mern,

Yes, I've seen the videos up at Steve's site, and he knows his way around blogs.

Sometimes I get that message, and sometime a clip will hang. In the later, I click on the little up and down green arrows that refresh the page, and that usually fixes it. In the former, I just try again tomorrow!

I've checked old clips, and they all seem to work hereabout, though I know of one way back that doesn't that I should fix!

DavidDavid

DavidDavid said...

Jeannette,

I looked at the other end of one of the logs whose end I took the pic of...and the grain doesn't look the same! This is going to take some study...

DavidDavid

DavidDavid said...

Hi Faith,

I heard Chicharee yesterday over at Lower Falls...forgot to postup. Ground Squirrels are all snoozing, but I often see the Grey Squirrels even on the snowy days.

DavidDavid