Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Frontyard Hawk































On the way back to the Cabin after Breakfast, my neighbor drove by in the work truck, and pointed from out the window to the Ravens flying over 'chasing a Hawk' he said...I couldn't sight Hawk, though the Ravens were scolding.... but then before I opened the Cabin door, I looked back to the Sky, and the Ravens were circling and diving...and there was Hawk, Redtail, high atop a Pine...I went all thumbs....stumbling in and out of the Cabin to get gear, and put the waterproof on the digi bracket backwards twice!...Hawk's chest feathers look too dark to be Zeke, and maybe it is a 'dark morph' Redtail that I've read about...and I think it is the same Redtail that was atop Two Top Pine...that guess from the white feathers on top Hawk's head....anyway..lots of farfar away clips and pics...I changed positions three times....I wanted to get a clip with the Falls right behind Hawk, but the Two Tall Pines at the Bus Port were in the way...did take one new camera pic through the Two Pines, just to know where to sight the digi...but I couldn't relocate the hole in the branches!!...lots of people came by and took a looksee at the waterproof's lcd screen....lots of voices too on the clips, even the local Author who passed by and said 'Hi', and I thought to enlist from them some narration...they have a great voice...but I didn't want to delay their attendance at the River Plan scope meeting...lots of officialdom about...dont know how that went, but snagged beforehand some literature after Breakfast....sunny blueblue, a few clouds, warm...reallyreally wanted to stay out and skip work!...after a long while Hawk flew off...somewhere, didn't see lift off...and I paddled out to Two Top Pine Meadow with remaining time....pics of Hariy Woodpecker..and Junco clip...

1 comment:

yosemite faith said...

i love being able to see the hawks face/expression. eyes are so intense. saw from the webcams the beautiful blue skies have returned to the valley....yippeeee!