Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hawks










Hawk pics from Westport to Mt. Tam...third pic is Kite...rest all Redtails, I think...saw a few Kestrels...saw more than a few more Hawks...but too few pullouts!...first part of clip at such...and Hawk soaring from Bluff...I had thought to go all the way out to Point Reyes Light House, the Bluffs there, and try for Soaring Hawk clip...but had chance nearing Bodega Bay, I think...Hawk was right over beside Road, and drop to the Ocean...Sun so bright, I couldn't quite see the lcd screen, and I forget I can adjust for exposure while doing video with the newer camera, so I got Hawk soaring against White Sky...this happened too with Hawk in first part of clip...and, a white sky background is kinda cool, and Hawk's Feathers better exposed...I've had this happen before, and have in mind to be more deliberate, and try for some clips, and pics, with white sky...some of these pics were 'hard fought' sorta speak, like Hawk over Rocks...just to glimpse Hawk there was good fortune, and finding pull out, walking back, being careful of traffic, and so on, made pics very problematic!...pics, inspite of being blurry farfar aways, have a charm for me--I recall how difficult it was to take them!....hereabout, today, sunny blueblue hazy, warm, spring like...at Lunch, at Ozone Cottonwoods: Acorn call, and Bats...clip should be at bottom, but editing, for some reason, is being problematic...google has made it possible to line up and post a lot of pics at once, and if one uploads, and then adds pic. or clip, it no longer goes to the last spot...maybe it goes where the text cursor is, or something...hmmph...

No comments: