Monday, January 9, 2012

Snowgeese

Out and about early with all the gear for a roll down the hill and visit to Town...after errand,  Silver's sixty thousand miles maintenance appointment, rolled out Sandy Mush Road, and nearing Merced Wildlife Refuge, sighted to my right what I thought was a Poultry Farm...did a double take, 'wait, those are Snow Geese!'....made a u turn, and parked Silver across the Road from the Field...would have liked to have gotten out, but for certain that would have startled Geese into flight...Geese tolerated Cars and Trucks passing...pics and clips through the Window--I set the folded up legged tripod between myself and the door, which sorta works...bit unstable...left off, careful to pull out slow...even still, Geese gave me a look, and started moving, but stayed....continued on to lookabout the Refuge...report tomorrowmorrows...lots of pics...and pics from Merced Falls too, which presently is back to being a River while work is being done....sunny blueblue warm...watched Geese a long while...very cool to see so many Birds!....and later in the afternoon, sighted Geese again...pics and clips...oh..and here's a link to a talkabout the Park's weather, or lack thereof!
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,49974,49974

2 comments:

Mern said...

Too cool. Notice that one of them is tagged on the right. I have seen these flying south while traveling up the Owens valley.

DavidDavid said...

Good eyes! I had to use the windows 7'magnifyer' tool, which I have just learned to use (cant read the texts in the video games!)...for those in my boat, tag is around Goose's neck...