Thursday, January 5, 2012

Varied Thrush






Varied Thrush pic from the Xmas Count Walk (12/18), and Flicker, White Headed Woodpecker, and Eagle which I posted up back then....Redshoulder Hawk by the Graveyard in Mariposa on the car battery pick up Day...on the walk, sighted Redshoulder perched on the Schoolyard Oak, and Bandtail Pigeons soaring along the Rims by the Falls and Mirror Lake, and lots of Ravens, like hundreds...and Varied Thrushes at Lower Falls and Mirror Lake...I was surprised to see Thrushes and Bandtails, as hereabout near the Cabin where I do my walks, I hadn't seen Thrushes or Bandtails, or Eagle!...helps to have extra ears and eyes!...At Lunch this evening: light enough for a sit awhile under the Cottonwoods at Ozone Beach...Mallard, Raven, Acorn, and Two Bats...too dark still for pics (5pm)...sunny blueblueclear warm....report of Bobcat catching Grey Squirrel at Rocky Slope, last Thursday, I think...Little Birds sighted on the walk: Creeper, Nuthatch, Chickadee, Ruby Crowned Kinglets, Titmouse (which I didn't see, and wished I could, as I dont think I've got a pic or sighting in the Valley), and other Little Birds.... oh, I went and found Kingfisher on my own at Last Light by Chapel Bridge...and Ouzels, which another group counted....Count Walks are fun, but everything goes too quick....oh.. Ground Squirrel out and about that Day at the Backpackers Camp...

No comments: