Monday, February 6, 2017

OTI:two poems and notes:2/6/17

Open To Interpretation

No

Ya gonna drag me down?
Don't ya know
It'll be me
Dragon your heart around.
My bad reputation
Can make separation.
No no no no no no no no.

Sardines

Oh
Sardines
A bottle of beer
And your tongue in my ear.


DolphinWords

Notes: hmmph...reference Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty, Keep Dragging My Heart Around...and Joan Jett, Bad Reputation...there's a word for it...'verbing'...for making nouns into verbs...my double word notion is about the interplay of noun and verb...touchtouch...dragondragon...daviddavid!...I could do a lot of sardines and beer poems...reference Omar Khayyam...

Khayyám, who stitched the tents of science,
Has fallen in grief's furnace and been suddenly burned,
The shears of Fate have cut the tent ropes of his life,
And the broker of Hope has sold him for nothing!

and, of course,

A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
 A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread—and Thou,
Beside me singing in the Wilderness,
 And oh, Wilderness is Paradise enow.

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: