Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blue Jay Bath




Took the Dragonfly pic in the early walkabout...well...afternoon...and then in the evening geared up with the big tripod and thought to devote several hours to the evening walkabout...got as far as Ozone Beach and just sat down!...happens to be a knockdown view of Half Dome where I sat!...just downstream from the beach...which is very much submerged!....Blackbirds were taking baths...and thought to take clip...then Blue Jay came along too and put on show...and a bit after this the Merganser pair came along out in midstream...got clip of female diving...but distant...tried to do a clip...pan up to Half Dome from Mergansers and back...and to do this I had to remove the teleconverter...otherwise one sees the inside of the tube...well...that's not a problem for awhile!...when I set it on the bank it rolled off into the Merced and floated away!...clip is pretty funny...as one can hear it go plunk!...but my concentration was such I thought someone threw a rock in the river to tease me...which I ignored...but then in the end of the clip one sees the bill of my baseball cap come into view...tilting this way and that as I looked puzzled for the teleconverter...it was just gone!....I'll have to put that one up in a collection of 'puzzle' clips...continued around the big loop counterclockwise...on Swinging Bridge I gazed longingly into the wide Merced...oh...where did you go my teleconverter!...maybe it sank and when the water lowers I'll find it...ha!...anyway...two White Headed Woodpeckers were at home in the burnt fallen branch (see White Headed Woodpecker clip)...and I waited and waited...but to no avail...they were curled up no doubt...but now I know they live there...swallows..or swifts...were about in same place...but light too low for pic...at dinner over in Siberia..pizza...I saw Hawk size bird floating in the Glacier Wall thermals...but couldn't identify...still very warm...hot!...and lots of lots of people...having a great time...I'd say!

No comments: