Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dawn Chorus





Got up early...four a. m.!...to hear the Dawn Chorus....first I heard was Song Sparrow at four o five...then again at four twenty five...I think Song Sparrow was singing in it's sleep!....as both times it was just one...verse!....but around five o five the Grosbeaks started up...I could pick out Robins and Jays and Duck and late coming Woodpecker...maybe a Chickadee....I sat on the picnic bench in front of the Deer House for an hour and a half or so..then walked over to Chapel Bridge and out Lodgepole Point...there there's a pic to take...a Dogwood in bloom with time exposure at night...tried it at Creek's End...one of the best Dogwoods about is right over the Tiki Temple Outlet...missed a good Duck clip...in later walk...Duck floated out the Creek into the Merced and one of the Swifts? dived by...almost got a good pic of Chestnut Back Chickadee...spent a lot of time on that one!...Duck was sleeping on a stone beside the Creek when I went to the Creek after nap before work...Duck does the same as I do after getting up so early!...take a nap!!....dont know where the Ouzels are....sometimes if I dont see a critter for awhile... I forget that I should be seeing it!...Ouzels sing the best....almost forgot...it rained a bit in the evening...

No comments: