Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tanager


In the evening I went on a photowalk with a group...picked up some good tips and ideas...while listening I kept an eye out for critters...and while at Merced by Housekeeping...the 'white winged bird that flies furiously' flew by going up stream....Oh! I said...Look!....then just a little later it came right back...Oh!....and it was commented on how difficult it would be to get pic with anything but expensive gear...well...that was a challenge..so I focused on the opposite bank and held the shutter button down halfway..which freezes the auto focus...and waited...and waited...all the while listening...oh...I let it go and turned to the gathered photogs....and just as I did''..."Oh, David, there goes your Duck!"...Oh!...I spun around and tried to get still...it was 'FLOATING by!....should have shot a clip...then I wouldn't be scratching my head as to what it is!...the pic together with my memory is saying it's a male Common Merganser...but a for sure identification will have to wait until I get better pic....earlier in the morning I went to the Creek and crossed over on the Twin Fallen Trees...and ran into two fellows coming the other way!...they had buckets and were "checking water level"...then over to the Post Office and Bus ride back...where I curled up...dont know that between being curled up and out and about...and work of course...that's about all I'm about! ....nice day...bit too warm...big clouds...and...while not attacked yet...the dread mosquitoes are appearing...I mean dread...I'll be wearing head to foot netting soon to get through Cook's!

No comments: