Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Year and a Day...and a Finch







Here in Fauna and Flora I've passed the one year mark too...actually...I'm not sure when the Creek posts begin...I started out just in the backyard and worked my way back to the Creek...May 31 I did the butterfly pics...I was hesitant to visit the Creek because of the buildings...then there was the Bullfrog...and the thought to get a pic of each Fauna and Flora...and then began the Hawks...and Zeke...I think everything I've done in Fauna and Flora with regard to pics clips and thoughts...began with Zeke...an unforgettable day for a city kid!....
but to today!...
Was going to make the big loop counterclockwise...went down to Creek's End...then over along the diversion channel which cuts me off from the Merced... to Ozone Beach...at Ozone started to set up there for pic and realized I had the wrong 12x for the big tripod...didn't have the quick connect!...so stuck... I just decided to sit rather than continue...helicopter was whirling about...climber trouble I thought...then emergency vehicle after emergency vehicle went by...sirens wailing...over on South Side...two buses collided I heard later...but injuries minor...birds were coming and going...and I wanted to get another Robin catching a worm...one of my first clips...that made me smile!...but this little Finch landed...and then flew up in the tree...couldn't get close...but it's a new one to add to my pursuit!...just a perfect day...report of Bear Cub at Creek's End...but I find it somewhat fantastic...take a pic next time!...Merced is near or at high water...and very quiet as it streams along.
The Gallery has caught the blogbug...see link...

No comments: