Friday, May 2, 2008

Sparrow Song




Peddled over to the Post Office...and the tripods came...unboxed them...and then peddled out by Cook's and to Lodgpole Point...submerged!...pic above...and found a shady place under the Lodgpole to sit...and set up the little tripod with the ball head...I wanted to see how it pans and a Mallard Duck Pair obliged for subjects...but then the Song Sparrow came by...it's hard to pan this one smooth too...it "breaks" loose...the heavy tripod with pan head is a different "smooth"...the little one is fun to sit on the ground with...and very light...I put up a pic of the Elm in yesterday's post..the sky was almost identical to when I did my water color...and caught my eye...a kinda slapdash job of it in Photo Elements...it's always interesting how in painting things get selected distorted left out shrunk expanded etc...but in the end somehow the painting is truer to the scene than a photo...report of Baby Bobcat over in the Village...a white patches on wings water fowl flew by past the Point to Half Stump...and I've seen it in flight before...very curious to see it on the water or land...it's pretty big and flies furiously.

No comments: