Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trembling Butterfly





It was one of those walkabouts when work time is approaching...and I hadn't seen much...except Flicker on the ground in some grasses...got that pic...after changing batteries...then was waiting for Flicker to come into view..and a friend drove up in a utility vehicle..."What kinda lens is that?"...oh...the Bird is illusive!...with little time left I went out to the Creek and Azalea Bluff...this is just above the Great Turf...which has some new grass out of the water...which has gone down a lot...Azalea Bluff is where one day last Spring I saw a lot of different butterflies...and I thought to go there often...but delayed a week or so...and it was never the same!...so...now that the Azaleas are blooming I'll check there everyday for Butterflies...maybe get enough for a collection...The Butterflies of Azalea Bluff...oh..the Bluff is only a few feet about the Creek!...anyway...I dont know why the Tiger Swallowtail...which is bit pale...video setting cant be adjusted......I dont know why it is trembling...brb...well....after going through a lot of snips of poetry and fiction...I found this one but cant get to it with out purchase or something...

The study of butterflies
butterfly fossils from Europe and North America all bear the .... their wings trembling nervously, ready to carry them to safety at. a moment's notice. ...

http://www.springerlink.com/content/dn481654074l542m/...

maybe I'll find an explanation...my thoughts are it was cold and the Tiger is trying to stay warm...or it's laying eggs..or an egg...they might just lay one at a time...I had almost given up trying to get a clip...as first it was flying hither and thither...and I lost it and began to pick up...but caught a glimpse of it flat on the leaves...and it stayed put miraculously as I crashed about the Azalea setting up...it was one of those...'if it flies off..oh well...but if it stays put it will be spectacular!'...after this clip I did get more usual sorts of Tiger flitting from flower to flower...and with color restored!....it's still rainy and cold...but hardly a November of the Soul!....Tiger Swallowtails are of course the great prize for kids with butterfly nets...even in the Suburbs...extra credit for those willing to watch the whole clip!....could have been shortened...but somehow...that's not how it was!

No comments: