Thursday, April 16, 2009

Deer Nap




Photog friend showed up at Breakfast...all geared up (primary camera a Mamiya film medium format)...they wanted to go over to the Creek...and get some pics of the Frazzle...but I persuaded them to tag along on my walk out the Rocky Slope...I knew they'd like the Boulders...and somewhere amongst them we got separated...so I continued out to the Beaver Trees...pic and clip of the napping Deer...and two other silhouetted Deer between two Ponderosas framing..almost...the Falls...a scene I'd like to pursue with the paint brush..that way I can rotate and move the Falls between the Trees!!...the Aspen that had been almost gnawed through, fell over..and I had hopes Beaver did it...but on close inspection, I think it was the wind...continued along the Merced and startled up Sandpiper...I was seeing Sandpipers and other birds this time last year...missing Black Headed Grosbeaks...said a week or so back that I heard one before Dawn, but now I think it was Robin...Robin makes almost the same song at Dawn and Dusk...almost got a clip of one singing...there's been a lot of almosts!...sunny blue blue warm...too nice a day to be inside!!...many Bear reports...and another friend reported seeing the gnawed Aspens 'years ago'...I was lamenting, 'Sometimes I think I'm out and about where no one has been, and I look at the ground, and there's like footprints...all over...from just yesterday!'

No comments: