Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mallards And Squirrels













Paddled up to Vernal Falls...had lunch by the Little Bridge...a kinda favorite spot!...Ground Squirrel was on the look out, and came over to inspect my lunch bag...clip...lots of clips of the Falls...for sometime...thought to go as far as Nevada Falls, but headed back down...back at Happy Isles I crossed the Road, and took the Pony Path again...happened on Ouzel...and while taking pic, happened on Two Mallards...pics and clips...and while taking those pics the Mergansers came by...airborne...and flying furiously up the Merced!...so back to Happy Isles I went following them...but no luck...'cept for the Grey Squirrel clip...hopped on the Shuttle...from the windows, saw Deer gamboling in the A. Meadow...and by the time I got back to Last Chance, it was raining pretty good...and good thing I didn't go all the way to Nevada!...though I've done that, in a terrific rain..so much that the last steps to Nevada were blocked by overflow streamlets!...if it rains a lot now, that'll happen again...and I'll go up again!...great fun to come down the Big Steps in heavy rain at dusk!!...was windy today...and kept tripping over the poncho up the Steps..which I really didn't need to do!..as the wind just swirled Vernal Falls upwards...usually I wear the rain pants and jacket...more compact!...sunny blue warm to cloudy rain windy cool!...nice walk!...oh!..after midnight...and it's begun to SnowRain!...can look for tracks tomorrow!!...bit concerned for the overnighters going up the trails!...should repost the Mallard pics...too many tail feathers cut off!

No comments: