Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Meadow Mallards




Pic and clip from Monday...today, paddled over to the Deer House...heard a raspy call in Flicker Grove...but couldn't locate...recorded it...oh...Ground Squirrels 'up on the roof' at the Deer House Garage...was going to post that up...for sometime...maybe get some more clips...found a good place on Lodgepole Point at the Merced's bank to set up the bigdidgi...and sighted in on Owl...clips and pics...many kids and tourists at the 'beach' enjoying the sunshine and water...Owls eyes open and close now and then...friend consoled me that Owls know what they are doing...when choosing such a site...I suppose!...old friend showed up, the Lady of Tuolumne...asked if I'd gotten a pic of Ring Tail yet...'No...but I have some Baby Owls...'....and she told me about a friend who kept close observation of Owl when the nest was in the Oak Grove, but they hadn't seen Owl for two years...I thought to enquire more about this, but she was off, and I was stuck at work...an ephemeral spirit!...neat that the changing seasons bring the critters around...and friends I've made too...oh...back to the walk...picked up from Owl, and went back to Flicker Grove...still hearing the sound...think it might be a baby bird...but no luck...did get a clip of two Acorn Woodpeckers...sunny blue hot but not so hot...

No comments: