Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Bobcat






















Paddled out the Rocky Slope as far as Stony Point...saw a Doe there with ears perked...but thought the concern was just some Boulderers amongst the Trees...this right on and by the Road...still closed and quiet...Doe pronged out into Two Top Meadow...pic and clip...and I headed back...Blue Jay pic with very good light!....at the Climbing Wall, a climber asked if I had seen the Bobcat 'that just pranced by'....oh!...no, I said, but thanks!...and perked up my own self...having not seen much in like an hour...a little further on I saw Ground Squirrel perched on a Boulder...another clip for that collection!....and while filming, I thought, Ground Squirrel looks to have the same concern as the Doe earlier!...and sure enough, I caught a glimpse of Bobcat's tail wagging...tried to get clip then of Bobcat...but it wasn't until I abandoned the tripod, and waved to some tourists to stop and look, and hurried ahead of Bobcat's path, that I was able to see Bobcat...what happened, is Bobcat went down in the little stream bed...Bobcat was moving pretty quick, with me in tow...and towed behind me one of the tourists!...who looked to have a good long lens, and likely has duplicate pics of mine!....I tried very hard to get that hoped for clip of Bobcat moving through the Rocky Slope...but there are so many problems!...the light, the focus, the boulders and trees...and just Bobcat's sneakiness!...did the best I could...the last of the clip...the close up of Bobcat...was really close!...I sat in wait with the log in front of me, waiting for Bobcat to come over the log...and behind me was the other photog...and behind us the tourists on the path to Lower Falls!......I wanted to use the new camera for stills...and wanted too to have clip without the interruption of taking a still with the 12x...opted for the clip...oh...but the pose would have been a great still!...anyway, the other photog picked up, and I followed as far as a large boulder that diverted Bobcat way up the slope...maybe should have gone up ahead to Lower Falls...I suspect Bobcat would have gone there, and the Tourists on the View Bridge would have gotten to see...I've seen a clip of Bobcat on the boulders thereabout on youtub...anyway anyway, I was concerned about the tripod!...I'd left it at the Grinding Stone...so I left off and went back to retrieve it....I was out and about for almost two hours...and would have been terribly disappointed!...so thanks to the Rock Climber...and the Ground Squirrel...Bobcat!...a sunny blue blue warm day with some overcast in the late afternoon...Happy Easter!!....Doe with Two Fawns from yesterday by Church Bowl...oh!...there was one moment when I hopped up and stood balanced on a fallen log...wobbling all over...and Bobcat came into view over behind another log!..a real test of auto focus!!...which I'm afraid the new camera wasn't up to!...see blurry pic!..which would have been knockdown...can still make a painting!!

No comments: