Saturday, May 7, 2016

OTI: one poem and notes: 4/6/16

Open To Interpretation

Legs

It's a long commercial!
And all just feet and legs,
Jumping running dancing,
And not a hint of what it is advertising
Until the very end...a shoe store!
I pedal the stationary bike at the gym
And overhead the playoff basketball game begins again--
Fourth quarter, nearly over,
Oh, the ball squirts out of the point guard's hands,
A fatal turnover...
I'm thinking about all the feet and legs,
Recall a long way back, I told myself,
'Jump run dance'
In dedication to those who can't.
It's what I'd want, if I was wheel chair bound,
No one miss a step on my account.
Run!, and no one be remiss, a selfish layabout.
Fortunate I am, like most,
But in dreams I'm sometimes disabled,
My legs unstable,
Maybe a foretelling,
Or a cautionary hint at how fragile
We all are...

DolphinWords

Notes: Lemme see if I can find the commercial!...brb...nope...update when I find it...there's more to this poem that I didn't work in...those who have take what they have for granted, and are entirely oblivious to how they appear to those less fortunate...I always pinched myself when in the Valley, knowing how few have the opportunity to visit, my own circumstance of late!...don't know, but I just generally day to day pinch myself!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: