Sunday, May 29, 2016

OTI:eleven poems and notes:5/29/16

Open To Interpretation

Sierra Trails

Well, the back and forth negotiations
Went south
Again
In spite of all my precautions.
What to do? What to do?
All the previous times on this
Devious difficult trail,
I playing for you,
You playing coy,
Like Bucks and Does,
We've turned around at this spot,
Returned,
And from one weekend to the next,
Having lost our pace,
Love's momentum has
Been diverted and diverted,
And with a sigh, after a month or so
of no returns, parted.
I think ahead, maybe next weekend
We go back, go beyond,
Just get over it,
But now with the dust up memory
The trail will be even more devious and difficult.
What to do? What to do?
Oh, what things I go through
To go back and forth with you!

Sneaky

I don't like to think of myself as sneaky,
But I am I am
With my quiver of flirts
So devious as to make my rivals
Jealous little squirts!

Grip

We were transporting the war
The two of us,
We had a grip on both sides
And couldn't put it down
During a break
While we waited on the cliffs
Above your frolicking in the surf.

Deviate

Sheesh!
Awake all night thinking about deviate diversions
Again.
I just want to jump off that bus while it's moving!
But every morning I'm back at the stop,
Bleary eyed,
Waiting to step aboard
And go to work.

Wallet

Heck
It's just a wallet
With that old money stink
But you nuzzle it
Like it was a bacon bit treat
In my pocket.

Canadians

Lawrence Durrell
Ken and June
Clea and Mark
I loved you so much
And thank you so much
For the safe rest
During the perilous passage.

Reputations

I was hurtful,
I know,
It wasn't safe,
Reputations all at stake.
I dragged everyone along
Willy nilly!
I still do,
Hang on!

Goodness

Goodness!
All of these could be epics/books!
Thank goodness for all of you
I can be content with these few lines synopsis!

Not Over

I'm still so much not over you!
You may be above or below,
Maybe Google knows,
But I won't.

Balance
(for Wolfie)


You sat down on the other end of my side,
But the picnic table began to tip.
Rearranged, that was better,
Face to face.
You offered me some of your crackers,
Accepted with thanks.
I wanted to give you everything I had
But saw you traveled simple,
After your own fashion,
And keen for story books
Light to carry--
So this for you to bring along.

Unkempt

Today, I didn't shave.
I can be, am,
Unkempt,
Oh, a contrast
To you fresh from your shower
Donning your necklace!
My everyday clothes?
Same I wear hiking in the Sierra.
There, I wear my bandana around my throat,
Not here.

DolphinWords

Notes: Meeting up with people who have read and like the books you've read is really really nice...hasn't happened in awhile...Ken and June named their kids after characters in Durrell's Alexandrian Quartet...this morning I was listening to 710 sports talk radio, and the subject was momentum, as in basketball when one team gets hot and scores a lot of points, and a caller in gave an example: "It's like on a first date, when everything goes perfect and smooth, you break the ice and it's clear sailing on too the second date, and twenty years later you're both still talking about the first one."  'love's momentum' was taken from that for Sierra Trails...the broadcasters were so taken with the caller's example, gloriously enriched by his deep southern country accent, that they asked him to leave his number with the engineers, so as to call him now and then for more...don't know but Hollywood could make a movie just from that call!...gosh, I don't think anyone reads the posts down this far, but if someone in the Valley does, do me the favor of copying out Balance and giving it to Wolfie if she is still about.  Grip is for Ron Podlaski.

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: