Friday, May 20, 2016

OTI:eleven poems and notes:5/20/16

Open To Interpretation

Token

From the cell to the dungeon
Now and then
And so earn a sardonic token
Admission to your inquisition.
"Progress?"
The attending attentive,
Me?, I'm thinking,
'Progress, and then what,
No more token visits?'
"Nope!"

Doubt

Hit her!
You suggest,
Smack her on the butt.
Better that than the pond,
Where you nearly went, you know.
Ahh, it's said not to...
And where would gentleness go?
My dog's friendly biting wounds I endure
While my dissuading training
Continues treat by treat,
Rather than threat by threat.
Don't know though,
Wish I was sure!
You've left a wound also
With your concerned council.

Recursive

My housemate's room
Is just as stuffed as mine,
We collect this and that,
That and this,
Recursive recluses too.
But her estranged husband comes by,
Her wayward son too, too rarely,
Which is more than I can say
For you,
And I!


Night Dive

Night dives are eternal
Where a fellow trades feet
For flippers and mermaids
Free of fishy jealousies.

Your Home

Your home, where
News will never reach,
Academics never teach,
Holy never preach,
Your crew ever runs to
Over every beach,
Through every breach.

Bent Notes

Guitarists will bend their notes,
Singers too,
Always a bit off
From dead center.
Just think of me like that.

Fast

We read too fast,
I've always thought.
Slow down
And Sense will tie up fast.

The Hunt

Turn the crew against me?
We'll have a good laugh.
Rally the rivals against me?
Bring it on.
Take her to them?
Then the hunt begins.

Doubts

Some doubts always bleed,
Hurting wounds to carry.
If such from me you marry,
Shut me out.

Words

My words
Can inspire.
Your words
Require.

Cheetoes

Give me another to unravel,
Your puzzles are better than Cheetoes!

DolphinWords

Notes:  Over at Poetry's site, once just the little magazine with Pegasus on the cover, there's a lot of comprehensive stuff...overwhelming!...but the web does that...what did Emily Dickinson do?...stayed home with her garden, wrote letters and poems to friends and family...made time for such from housework, and the continual round of visits from neighbors...visits from neighbors!?...where did that go?...I was reading her bio and reviews, some poems too at Poetry...very good...few poems I'd read before seemed obscure, seemed she an early Laura Riding precursor...Riding took to her Orange Grove...but I was getting Emily's, and thought, I'm poaching on her turf...sentiments are like that, cross garden borders shared...like the dislike of dust for the dusting...

Token started out thinking about going to the gym, the machines you know, and the towel token...Doubt the ongoing struggle with Maya my dog...lately found grabbing her tail distracts her from grabbing my ankles!...just...Recursive, yep, that's that...Night Dive and Your Home will remain obscure...though night diving will get a revisit...to see the moon from under the ocean surface is different...Bent Notes is really very important...Nature is like that...Fast too, important...thought to call The Hunt, Helen...Homer's skills are so beyond...Doubts stems from Doubt, and one back aways, Thread...Words and Cheetoes...sometimes just want to toss some up, to see if I can catch ...missed!

:)

DavidDavid


No comments: