Tuesday, May 31, 2016

OTI:six poems and notes:5/31/16

Open To Interpretation

When

When
I don't know what to think
Or drink
I drink to think
I know what to drink!

Puddles

Puddles muddle,
Befuddle troubles' bubbles,
Puddles' baubles!

Skirts

Skirts
Flirt.
Tarts
Fart.

A Hollow Horse

A hollow horse
A hidden force.
Plug your ears
From Sirens fears.
Shield your locks
From crashing rocks.
Tell a lie
To big one eye.
String the bow
And lay them low.

Mettle

Settled
Mettle:
Brave
Engraved.

Reach

Reach
Teach,
Earn
Learn.

DolphinWords

Notes: I haven't been to the library in awhile!...checked out, brought home, Frost, Dickinson, Nash...they make me feel weak, vocabulary wise!...forward in Nash books noted he wrote on legal pads with pencils...lots...and gave example...not worked up finished things...like notes...I used to do sorta that in school while taking lecture notes...thought to not take myself so serious and scribbled on the iphone note pad...by that I mean, I didn't begin with a sentiment, but let a word, or thought, generate the sentiment...I guess that's the two ways to go about things!...once one has a sentiment, there's interplay...words have a kind of generative creative force of their own...I often don't see myself what all they are doing, even though I wrote them down!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: