Wednesday, May 18, 2016

OTI:seventeen poems(18) and notes:5/18/16

Open To Interpretation

Watches

It's the same watch,
Just different faces,
And they all come pre-wound,
Motion powered.

What Can I Say?

A long voyage's day to day,
What can I say?
Today's tale?
An unfinished book
Put away.

What?

What?
Bring you common things?
Like the cannon fodder underlings?
Rather approach empty handed
Than that!

I Hadn't Thought

I hadn't thought to come this far
But now that we are
Ever more simultaneously
Closely distant,
Continue!

Lyrics

The mocking bird sings
All day, all night.
On your tune
The lyrics I write
Will molt like feathers.

Gifts

Exchange the gifts
For something frivolous
Something foolish
Something silly beyond nonsense
Something me.

Petroglyphs

Petroglyphs in stone
Spray painted over,
No matter.
It wasn't monuments we sought
Like the overwrought with cans.

Dark

I wait in the dark
Until the postal delivery
Opens the squeaky metal door.

New

New?
If I knew
New would be
Newer than new!

The Great Turtle

Quicker than quick,
Faster than fast,
Older than last.

From The Shadows

From the shadows,
The siblings
Cool calculating scrutiny.
Your lipstick print
Brings their inspection
And enquiry.

Dear

Dear,
This place is full of fear,
But it appears
Our arrears
Require us here.

So?

So?
So I run around laughing
The laundry machines washing.

Lyric

Rummaging through the glove box,
A pencil, a pen, a sharpie,
A stick!
Quick!
Before it slips!
I've remembered the lyric
"Not to forget"!

Vacation Songs

On the back of the receipt
Your song I kept.
Funds all gone,
Of course,
Without remorse.

Small Wonder

On so long a watch
Small wonder
Eyelids lower
Voices whisper
'let it all go'
Oh!
Here they come again.

Close

Close again
And the anxiety birds
From the treetops singing.
A relief
When you are far ahead,
And I can rest on a boulder,
Unbeknownst,
The forest quiet.

Yes

yes,
poems do,
enough for a book
so I can everywhere carry you,
no matter if few,
thin books fit in the pack
and light too.


DolphinWords

Notes: I mean, how many poems have 'squeaky' in them? (too many:)...running around laughing...update: added one, Yes, so eighteen, for the eighteenth...

:)

DavidDavid



No comments: