Wednesday, May 25, 2016

OTI:four poems and notes:5/25/16

Open To Interpretation

I Can't Fathom

I can't fathom
Lawyer talk
Doctor talk
Mathematical talk
And such,
Precision like
The engineers use
To transport us about.
Any wonder I take to your black deck
Where we swear a lot
And giggle at our own jokes?
When the stiffly clad,
With their elaborate languages of doom,
Try to come up the plank
We pull away from that shore quick!

Words

Oh, the black deck is for dancing,
And my words like to dance,
Rock back and forth,
Twirling around spinning,
Shinnying up the mast
To the very top
With you,
Swaying beneath the Stars and Moon.

Cinderella Dreams

Oh,
The black deck is always moving,
And while on our knees
As we scrub and polish and clean
We can see before our very noses
All the Cinderella dreams.

Fates

On the black deck,
Work done,
We cross legged huddle
And play cards
With a black deck, of course.
No king but Clotho
No queen but Lachesis
No jack but Atropos.
The joker we call Pip.
Queequeg always deals.

DolphinWords

Notes: hmmph...got note block or something...no notes for these!...oh!...wait...an update...I've known for awhile to write with a sense of where my articulation is...my tongue, my teeth, mouth open, closed, and such...and just realized a rhyme needn't just be just a sound rhyme, but too can be an articulation self similarity...example: 'knees' and 'clean'...hee hee...running around laughing!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: