Thursday, June 2, 2016

OTI:twenty six poems and notes:6/2/16

Open To Interpretation

Signs

Every thing was fine
Until all my favorable signs
Evaporated
After I saw
You're not superstitious at all,
You're incorporated!

Casualty

Trying to be real
Has no appeal
Nowadays
Truth fades away,
Reality's casualty.

Frogs

Take a moment,
Hold it like a frog,
Don't let it hop out,
Don't squish it!
Then...kiss it!

Peas In A Pod

We look alike
As peas in a pod,
So, what do you know
That I don't?
I'm not upside down,
Am I?
These damn transmissions!

Here There

I go here
I go there
With always the fear
Your not there
Or here
Ever!

Hello Goodbye

Some say hello
Some say goodbye
As they arrive from the sky
With all the same
Blood Bone Blewy!
Confetti--
Game over!

Today

Tomorrow is another day.
Not so, I say,
Tomorrow is today!
Today is yesterday's tomorrow,
Tomorrow's yesterday.

Not so, I say,
Today is today!
There will be another chance to play.
So you say,
Today is today's today!!!

Sleepy

Having read
I'm just a slow sleepy head,
I take to my bed.
Eyes open
I'm hoping
Not moping,
My dreams
Team
Seem.
Fed
Bedded
Rested.
Awake
Break
Fast!

Matter Of Fact

This is really matter of fact,
You know?
That's a fact!!!
So, which is it,
Matter,
Or really?
Some times it does,
Some times it is!


Regret

Oh, a most profound regret
Is all the little soldiers
Never to see attention
With their helmets
That accept
Rather than deflect
Your blows.

Awake

Awake to your fabricated dream,
I sew shut any revealing seams
Least the
Unwashed, unlettered,
Brag and strut
Unleashed, unfettered.

What's This

What's this?
Not so abandoned generous before...

Why?
For your education,
And mine.
And more?
Down payment on a roof
For both of us.

A Second Thought

A second thought,
With a second job
I could meet the fees
In spite of their high interest.
A second thought
A second thought.

From Reading

I know my words for you
Are from my reading,
Hopefully with something added,
Not copied word for word.
If published, I'll have to go back and check,
I don't want us to be another copy/paste hack!

For A Ride

Oh,
Have you thought
I'm taking you for a ride?
Oh woe betide,
To think you think I lied.
But then,
I just took off
From where you let off
In this venue
We both deride!

Innocence Lost

Oh I admit
I came though your doors,
Like all boys do,
With my scripted play
And alluring flirts.
And you?  What of
Your play, your flirts, your air,
Behind your black glass doors
Extraordinaire!

Clubs

I bought a set of clubs
Just in case
The old boys invite me
To join their race!

Uphill Downhill

Uphill.
Downhill.
Up,
My heart and lungs implore
The Great Atmosphere!
Down,
Hips, knees, feet
Beseech
The Great Gravity!

Balls

The billiard hall
Opens at eleven am--
I peer through the black windows--
No one about,
Lights all out,
Hmmph!
Those balls won't roll around by themselves.

Worse

I suppose it could be worse
But then there'd be no Hope at all
And better than this worser worse
Being in Hope's enthrall!

Bucket Of Fish

Oh!
You pull them in
On multiple hooks
Like mackerel at the end of the pier,
And flippity flop,
Unhooked into the bucket--
They look exhausted,
Even belly up dead!

Soaring

For now
I'm content with you
And you with I.
I can imagine though
With what glee
At some misstep by me
Your associates would help me out
Your black glass door
Soar!

No No No

No no no,
It isn't so,
I didn't do this,
She's responsible!
Why do you
Ho ho ho!?

Sages Ages

I've reached an age,
I can be a sage:
I don't drink
I don't smoke
I don't fornicate!
Jesus!
No wonder
It's not the rage
To be a sage!

Sand Grains

Oh,
The black asphalt mud
Is everywhere
From the continuing great flood.
Will those exquisite sparkling crystalline granite sand grains,
Rain and snow crafted
Over millennia
From Sierra batholiths,
Ever see the sun again?

Laundry

Shipboard,
We fold our own laundry
And daydream of scenery.

DolphinWords

Notes:  Google Doodles???!!!...hmmph...I guess that's what these are too...thought of teaching a poetry class where from beginning to hours end, students and teacher must extemporize everything with rhyme!...dadibum!...need a snare drum and sticks for rim shots!...many of these are lifted...this to say, I see echoes of authors...Sleepy, e.e.cummings...Today, Robert Graves...I think everyone has done Frogs...brb...maybe I can find them...nope...something to be said for an index of beginning lines, in a book! of collected poems!...Save The Frogs Poetry Contest...last post I can find at that site is end of March, 2016...and no 2016 contest going it seems...I...this very much like sites I pictured right from the start...each species an alliance...poems from kids so young and very well done...once the era of Graveyard Poems, now the era of Extinction Poems...and movies...went and saw Xmen Apocolypse...no mystique about it, mystique is mystique!

:)

DavidDavid







No comments: