Sunday, June 5, 2016

OTI:eight poems and notes:6/5/16

Open To Interpretation

Dons

There's too many Dons
Poking about the Sierra
And not enough windmills.
Come on down the hill, Bros,
There's a dragon hereabout
Big enough to take on all of us!

 Superfluous

The editorial staff is worried
And pounding the glass,
Having been made superfluous
By posters without a clue.
They need a task.
Already in place,
They can censor the buried alive.

Bears

The Valley is self correcting,
The Bears will tell you.
Bears have a fine bash
When you don't empty the trash.

Me

I brought along what you need,
And, you know,
What makes you giggle,
Incidentally too,
Me,
That makes you smile.

The Black Window

Through the barred window
I could see a sail boat on a lake.
Eyes closed,
I'd see you.

Times

Looking at the walls
Of the million dollars beach homes
In the real estate section
Los Angeles Times
Haven't read in years
Thought to revisit
With two dollars and tax
At the Seven Eleven rack.
Along the coast,
For awhile my eyes ride,
I, parked in the drive.
No, I won't subscribe,
And in the trash it all goes.
Oh, walking away
A crumpled receipt still in my hand,
Yours?
No, theirs,
And under the lid it goes too.

Jig Saw Puzzle Edges

Finished, the four edges.
Places sometimes pull apart
While looking to find
I bump the table.
When Maya, my dog, gets in,
There's no edges at all!

Merganser

The sailboat is in the garage,
Awaiting funds to launch,
And your christening.

DolphinWords

Notes: Dons...references the proliferation of Don Quixotes, and  photogs, bucket list completionists, vagabonds, and such, clogging Sierra trails!...Valley, Yosemite Valley...report from thereabout of not enough concessionaire effort to pick up the trash...not enough employees...been there done that! (see mast to right, Raccoon)...think I wrote Bears then about too!...Me...bit disturbing of how little importance 'me' can be!...The Black Window...a reference in Alastair Reid's poem Cat-Faith (see previous post)...Times...I haven't picked up a Sunday Times on Sunday in a long while...paw is cute, and thought of claw...don't know which, hand doesn't fit...but, heck, hand it is...Edges...another Maya puzzle poem...Merganser...funds have taken awhile, 21 years ago, brought home from auction, and stored in the  garage...ral...I am lazy...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: