Wednesday, June 15, 2016

OTI:twelve poems and notes:6/15/16

Open To Interpretaion

Flowers

Flowers open to the sun
Seed
Recede
Wither oblivion.

Coda

Warriors train,
Learn their weapon's laughing refrain,
And coda,
Blood soaked earth
Without mirth.

Stars

Learn all the stars
Millions billions trillions:
Try as you will eons.

Dog Cat

One dog
One cat
One pat
One claw.

Moon Sun

An ocean turned over:
The sun moon's lover.

Museum Exhibit

If someone can make a museum artifact of me
And make a buck,
That's fine.
My expectation is
Poof!
Done and gone.
I never thought
My own exhibit for profit.

Bookends

From my neighborhood
I arrive at the main streets
To catch the bus,
Thereabout a vagabond
Hidden curled under a blanket
Beside his shopping cart.
At the stop a stranger relates
He's taking a rest from his walkabout
Around my neighborhood's streets
And I learn we're neighborhood neighbors,
Same age about,
Most all life long,
And we share some old time collectables, a fine talkabout!
His walk continues, my bus arrives
For a night journey attempt along the Boulevard,
To reach the beach and touch a wave,
And for that a second bus reach,
So hop off and await a transfer,
And thereabout another vagabond
Hidden curled beneath his blanket
Beside his shopping cart.
The transfer slow to arrive.
Slower than my uptake!
And I retreat the way I came
Walking back the Boulevard, then
Jogging a bit as the busses run slow at night,
A strange sight I on the Boulevard!
But a jog on the beach was all I had been about.
Winded, I take a seat at a stop.
Return bus so slow, another fellow
And I look out, sing out,
Here it comes!
But fooled,
One comes by 'out of service',
A bedraggled vagabond joins us
And he has a piece of red and orange climbing rope for a shoulder strap to his gear--
What's that about?
We all stand and watch
The oncoming headlights,
From the schedule I announced it was time about,
Arrived, on board, on our ways,
Finally,
From the main streets I leave off
To my neighborhood's
And thereabout
The vagabond
Hidden curled under his blanket
By his shopping cart
Still at home dreaming.

Home

Our dreams
Our homes?
Here,
Everyone's house?

Nevereverland

I'll ever
Never ever see you
Again?
So,
This is
Nevereverland.

Leaps

I'm a poet,
And know to make words leap,
Or be still.
And where your heart leaps
Is for you to fulfill.

Age

You remind me
How I ran over the hill to see her.
I see you and think of her,
I think of her and see you.
Another hill still between,
But they no longer chase,
And I no longer run.

Dervishes

Gods goddesses jesus lord
You must all be so bored
To read these spinnings!

DolphinWords

Notes: Flowers...a contemplation of 'wither'...Coda...maybe too cute, but there is it...Stars, Dog Cat, Moon Sun...just some fun...Museum...I revisit this sentiment often...thought to work 'curator' into it, as I'm not a curator of myself or anyone, and yet...:(...skip Bookends a sec...oh...and Nevereverland too...they take long notations!...Age, Leaps...what they are...Dervishes...driedal to teetotum to dervishes, and still haven't got it...maybe just 'spnnings'...yep, go with that!...Now, Bookends...in return for a favor, my relatives have gifted me with an extravagance!...a year pass to Disney...now, now, to pursue a Harbor Bl poem set, I needed somehow to include the Magic Kingdom...the Boulevard is remarkable in that at one end is Disney, and the other Balboa, and a lot Inbetween (I miss the Inbetween!)...I could do Disney parts from memory, having worked there seven years, and many visits...but that way back...so, instead of declining the gift, as I should...it's an extravagance best used elseware...I've latched on to it...I haven't gone yet to the ticket booth to sign up for the pass...it presented a dilemma...if I roll over and park the Jeep, it's like, heck, it's like I remember admission prices!...so I thought to just walk yesterday evening, then thought, take the bus, then thought, get a bus pass, just 22 bucks, about what it is to park at the park!...so, so, I roll over to get a thirty day pass, and just as I do, Hawk lands right in front of the Old House...and I had the D10 and got a clip!...looks to be Cooper's Hawk...gun metal back feathers with a touch of orange in the chest feathers...very cool...and auspicious for the superstitious such as I...so I rolled over to the liquor store by Subway on Chapman, and got the bus pass...cashier smiled when I showed id for senior discount, 'you look 45'...'oh, don't I think for that I could pass'...she smiled, 'yes, for us that time is past'...so I rolled back home, parked in the drive, and walked right out through the neighborhood to the bus stop...all the while during Bookend, I was trying to transfer into words, and no luck at all, word making on the fly not easy!...but I didn't sleep, and around 4am gave it a go...Bookend is so long, and if this is how Boulevard poems go, I'll be 'wordy' to excess, as here in this note!...now, Nevereverland...never land, never never land...all peter pan lands!...so I looked up...check references like I spell check...and surprised to find Never Land may be taken from an Australian Poem written way back, like 1908!

quote

The Never Never is the name of a vast, remote area of the Australian Outback,[1][2][3] as described in Barcroft Boake's poem "Where the Dead Men Lie":
Out on the wastes of the Never Never -
That's where the dead men lie!
There where the heat-waves dance forever -
That's where the dead men lie![4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Never_(Australian_outback

unquote

On seeing that I had to see that poem...an Australian Graveyard Poet!...and low and behold, look what I found:

quote

“Moneygrub” as he sips his claret
  Looks with complacent eye
Down at his watch-chain, eighteen-carat,
  There in his club hard by:
Recks not that every link is stamped with
Names of the men whose limbs are cramped with
Too long lying in grave-mould, camped with
  Death where the dead men lie.


http://www.boake.net/deadmen.html

unquote

that's just the last stanza...and. and, it's a rap poem!...very easily made into a knockdown rap song!...and look at 'stamped with, cramped with, camped with!!!...that's the same trick I used in Bow Wow!

self quote

I wanna be with you now
Make up this slack of you now
Be strong not weak for you now
Not some wtf to you now
I wanna be your Bow Wow Wow!

unquote

rhymes are being put inside lines that all have the same word ending...neat trick...I knew it not a new discovery, but in  Bow Wow my first use of it!...since, messing around, I just do this trick in my head for fun!...ral!..these old aussies another whole yard to study!...just the 'never never' double word find in such an old poem, way cool!

Update: got the pass, comes with parking! :)

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: