Wednesday, June 8, 2016

OTI:one poem and notes:6/8/16

Open To Interpretation

70s

So so
I thought to set me aside
And be like you
Learn things you like and do
Orienteering
Did that
Scuba diving
Did that
Sky diving
Nope
Flamenco guitar
Tried
Pogo
I go go
Handcuffs
Been there
A smoke shared in the dark
Sure
While you played Boston
Nope.
Don't listen to Boston?
So, so, back to me!

DolphinWords

Notes: damn, if I don't now realize OTI is another effort to 'be like her', to 'sky dive'!...it's that damn 'fence'!...now with age it's extended so tall as to be even more insurmountable!...

I got no chance now
I'm like a dog behind the fence now

I was so happy doing Bow Wow, the rhymes were pulling the leash, and I just followed along...when I got to

They took away my bark now
No bow wow now

I thought how cute 'bow wow'...even too cute, and thought to omit, but then it showed up in at the last

I wanna get back our bow wow wow

that was even cuter, and having been original all the way through, I thought, what a fine little marvel you've fashioned, DavidDavid!...and then gloom set in, as I realized 'bow wow' had to have been used before, in fact I could hear in my head that refrain. 'bow wow wow something something...'sung by low low voices in a chorus...so so, having tracked out 'bow wow' in the notes to Bow Wow the rap singer, and Bow Wow Wow the band (see recent posts), I thought today to find that bow wow wow chorus...took a bit, and had to go through Snoop Dogg to get to it!...it's George Clinton's Atomic Dog...bow wow wow yippy yo yippie yay...I've always thought it a 'turn it up' song when it comes on the radio, but have had no critical understanding of its making, or even who sang it, or even that Snoop Dogg snagged it!...anyway, for me this is a good entry into the musicology of rap and hip hop, I might even catch up to what's current and reach the ground standing!...anyway, there's a knockdown little clip on youtube where Clinton is holding court, and is asked how he came to make Atomic Dog...it just 'tumbled' out for him...he came into the studio, and his band was playing, and he was miffed that they were playing without him, and he sat down to the microphone, and the band must have stopped, but in his headset, a recorded rhythm was playing. and still miffed, he just started speaking out, and the song tumbled out!...his band came in, and the 'rest is history'...oh...see the clip...very cool, and the music video of Atomic Dog too!...'atomic dog, please explain that song...'

more Possum:...so this morning before dawn, I hear Maya, my dog, high pitched barking...she barks in a high pitch when she's a little scared of something, like with a new chew toy I give her at first...I half asleep, as usual, thought, oh heck, the Possum again...and trundled outside to where I had dropped Possum into high grass just by the fence outside the backyard...I thought Possum had left, but no, had dug in right there...in fact, maybe there had a burrow...and Maya was barking, and Possum was growling, so I tried to grab Possum by the tail, but Possum, growling at me now, scrabbled into the burrow right through to the other side and the backyard and Maya...everything went quiet...heck...so I trundled around through the house, through the porch, out in the backyard, flashlight in hand, and Maya went to playing keep away with Possum...'here here here'...a handful of left over fish and chips distracted her, and in a five gallon home base bucket Possum went...and of course Possum looked more than half dead...that's what Possums do!...so for recovery, I took Possum to my room, until 'scrabble scrabble' I heard Possum move...I would of took a pic, and clip, but I'm wanting to be wordy...Possum was covered in slobber, little big ears trembling...watched long enough to see all four little handy feet worked, and out to the backyard jungle I took Possum to that new fence fenced off section from Maya behind the garage...Possum looked okay under the spreading ivy, those leaves are shady from the arriving morning sun...and I'm all the while thinking 'fences', as in 'who let the dogs out' romantic senses!...some metaphor messages in all of this?...that would be me being like me trying to be like you!...oh...hey!...that's a start of a tumble!

That would be me
Being like me
Trying to be like you.

update: so so, this afternoon, I close up Maya on porch, and myself back to the new fence fenced jungle behind the garage, to check on Possum...Possum gone, back as it were...success...look up and grapefruits ripe on the small grapefruit tree...pull a few off, shaking the tree, and Morning Dove flies up from her nest where all the branches meet...

Cucu cu

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: