Sunday, June 26, 2016

OTI:eight poems and notes:6/26/16

Open To Interpretation

Distraught

Quixote looked distraught beyond distraught.
"Have you found her?"
Ishmael asks.
"Everywhere I've looked, she's not aboard."
"Here, take the Red Wheel.
It's suspicious, Ichi is missing too."
Overlooking the pearlescent wake
From the Black Ship's stern,
Ishmael finds Ichi's slender craft gone.
"Dulcinea!" sighs Quixote.

Crowd

I don't crowd
Like most of this crowd
What you say I obey
So so
Please please
Don't say no when you mean yes
And turn me to stone.

Then Again

Then again,
If no it is to be
And I a statuary,
My stoic gaze
Will look on all eternity.

Tissiack

Her stone wrought tears:
Your tender kiss
Allays my fears.

Too Dry

Everywhere is too dry,
And we want to find water
On the Moon and Mars.
How will we get it from
There to here?

Fayum

From the desert sands of the Fayum,
Poems and epics,
Used to linen wrap the ancient dead,
Uncovered, read once by the wind,
And so made blown away dust
From the scattered naked bones.

Years

How long do you think this will go on?
Oh! Years, easy!
If not, let me beneath the earth
Know what happened,
Will you?

Ticklish

Are you ticklish?
A hypersensitive funny bone?
Oh, I must find this!!!

DolphinWords

Notes:...Distraught...well, the 'Black Ship' has gone from notions to a narrative...Crowd...Disney had a term...sticktoitivity...brb...seems a few others too!...all about the same theme...

quote

Now, the boats were kinda leaky, started to sail
Came a hurricane, a furious gale
Waves were a-lashin', future looked black
Sailors started yellin', "Chris, turn back!"
On that eventful day, what did Columbus say?

COLUMBUS: Why, I said, "Stick-to-it-ivity
If you've got that stuff called Stick-to-it-ivity...

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/soundtracks/sodeartomyheart.shtml 

unquote

...Then Again...continues the sentiment...Tissiack...continued the sentiment, it was 'My' tears...changed that to 'Her' tears, and being so familiar with the Valley and Half Dome (Tissiack), this one soars, for me anyway...the 'tears' on Half Dome, the dark streaks, are from Lichen...in the Spring, snow melting from the top makes them very dark...the Tissiack legend has it that Tissiack's husband was cruel to her, why Tissiack is weeping...and her husband for his cruelty was transformed into North Dome, which I've yet to clamber up!...Too Dry...ah, now I see how the Nasrudin Sufi tales are done...a good trick!...Fayum...for awhile here, the Egyptians wrapped their mummies like with discarded papyrus books, which included old Greek poems and epics...I have this odd fascination with Crocodilopolis, the Greek name for the Fayum...there was a large prehistoric lake thereabout, fed by the overflowing Nile...as things dried, the ancient Egyptians dug a canal to it...this I think still exists, and the lake much shrunk and salty now...at one very ancient time, the Mediterranean was dry, the Straights of Gibraltar shut by tectonics...the Nile Delta was like a five thousand foot waterfall!...Years...another play with the Nasrudin Sufi trick...Ticklish...a goof...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: