Tuesday, June 7, 2016

OTI:eight poems and notes:6/7/16

Open To Interpretation

Bears Ashore

Ashore we ride Bears
Aromp aromp aromp,
At gallop on any course
Faster than any horse.

Hip And Square

Between being hip
And being square
The violation of the self evident:
Peoples are peoples everywhere.


Brag

Don't brag down
What humility raised up.

Homeridae

The blind can tell the tale
Not having seen there
With the seeing's cares.

Publilius Optatianus Porphyrius

He was a poet in exile
And filed poems to the State
Seeking a tasked return.

Brain Powder

The miracle pill
That'll get the itches in there
Outa there!

Actually

Actually,
None of us seem to like
Rude crude nudity,
Polite refined modesty
Much preferred.
But what's actually got to do with it?

Remarkable

Oh, remarkable,
Maya my dog caught a possum:
'I thought possum was gone too, Maya!'

DolphinWords

Notes: Bears Ashore...just a goof...though in world of warcraft my favorite mount is my Darkmoon Faire Bear...Hip and Square...thought to list a lot of opposites, like pretty and ugly...sentiment is prejudice isn't just a racial thing...Brag...John Wooden 'esque'...Homeridae...an ongoing study...Publilius...a couple things, one, the computer like code look of these pattern/concrete poems, and 'poet in exile'...what poet isn't?...Brain Powder...another goof...Actually...reference Tina Turner 'What's Love Got To Do With It?' ...Remarkable...Maya mouthed Possum like a bird dog...and though very bedraggled, Possum looks to have survived after I put Possum outside the fence...gone when I went to check...and, wth, TS Eliot was nicknamed 'old possum'...so I looked for that...oh...Homeridae is a 'replica', meaning somewhere I read something like this...lot of 'replicas' in OTI...went on a long search this morning, googled 'patter matter', words in previous posted poem, to see where I may have lifted, and made a 'replica'...I think the source was the comments to a youtube rap song where the commentators were going back and forth about the word 'patter' being used as I am using it, y'know,  a fellow's pick up lines when flirting...if I ever find that back and forth again, I'll reference it...'replicas' are a problem (scratching head)...

quote

And Stephen Spender summarizes: "Religiously, poetically and intellectually, this very private man kept open house.... Yet in spite of all this, he was sly, ironic, a bit cagey, a bit calculating perhaps, the Eliot whom Ezra Pound called 'old Possum.'"
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poets/detail/t-s-eliot

unquote

aptly nicknamed...

oh. it really doesn't matter, from the Pirates of Penzance...another 'matter patter' search...now, I did hear that a long long while ago!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: