Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Deer House Daffodils

























Well...I paddled up to the Bench...but didn't get far...maybe a quarter of the way....got to a place that was like walking on a sloping roof covered with loose dusty dirt and dried live oak leaves...and at the roof edge an invisible five hundred foot drop!... and I thought..."I can probably cross that.."....probably wont do!...and I didn't want to be a tourist conversation piece!...so turned back...but will go up again sometime...but not alone...best to do hikes like this with companions...went to the Post Office earlier...Humming Bird pic and Chickadee...think it's a Chickadee...then at the late start to the Ledge I got the Yellow Bird pics and clip right by Lower Falls paths...when I got back and after pizza in Siberia I paddled out in the fading light past the Deer House...where there was one Deer....and saw the Daffodils...a sentimental touch left over from bygone days...it's too bad...the Deer House sits vacant and going to ruin...went across the Chapel Footbridge and along the Merced..found the Deer in Four Things Meadow...again I couldn't tell if a Fawn settled down with a Doe was One Fawn...and I can't recognize any individuals...they're getting a new fur coat?...and of course new antlers...it was a very cool tableau with the Falls and Merced in background....report of Bobcats at Lower Falls...traded digital pics and stories with the tourists...cold and grey and clouds...almost winter day...but great day to uphike and walkabout.

No comments: