Thursday, April 10, 2008

Old Cedar


I was in the Ponderosa Grove (a map with where all these places are is in the works!) trying to get a clip of the Mountain Chicadee singing its little song...my favorite thing to hear when hiking...and I didn't have much time what with doing taxes and negotiating with a rock climber to maybe purchase a car...and I said to myself, "I need a pic for the blog!"...and took this pic of the Cedar....I've been stressed since four am over the car...didn't sleep for thinking on it...I haven't had a running car for four and one half years!...for goodness sake...I have the Bus of course now since the beginning of Winter...I almost had it towed to a garage in Mid Pines but the towtruck driver was a numbscull not seeming to know where I wanted to have it taken...(this has become a Bus post!)...this all on the phone while at work...and I just rattled my head and said, "This is all too confusing!"...and cancelled the tow. So now I have in mind to do all the work on the Bus myself...and have to figure out how to get parts and tools and all that...hence the allure of purchasing another car...that runs and can get up and down the hill! Meanwhile there's always YARTS and what's become the routine ride to the dentist!....which has gotten a little confusing too!...It's been that kinda day....friend said at work, "It's really nice day!"...my glum response..."I wouldn't know...".... being cooped up at work and all....I subscribe to PCT...and they step off about now down there by El Campo I think...well...I'll hear their tales at the picnic tables in Toulumne!...the Cedars...by the way...over on the other side of Wee Bridge....the Creek Delta...are very old and have really interesting shapes...somewhat like this one...which pic doesn't do justice!

No comments: