Monday, April 7, 2008

One Floppy Ear





I went on a morning walk...and one after lunch...both to the Post Office...one an IRS problem...which I solved with a phone call...whewhh!...and the other to pick up a second new 12x....I thought so much about these two things that I didn't much look for critters!...I sat awhile in the Ponderosa Grove trying out the new camera....later I went down to Creek's End with the new sandals on...and promptly got a pine cone "leaf" in one...these things have a little point on them!...then I rolled up my genes and waded across Creek's End..frazzle was in the water from the Snow Cone...it was cold!...so cold my feet went numb about half way...and it took some doing to cross even though the water only came to my knees...I have some respect now for the Deer crossing the Merced!...sandals got full of sand and I promptly returned to the Cabin and changed back to boots!...I'll have to find a way to hook the sandals to the back of the daypack...it's nice to just walk down to the Creek from the Backyard and cross over....there was a little sunlight left and I went down again to Creek's End again...earlier I had found One Fawn and Three Does at the Ponderosa Grove...got clips and pics better than the others I posted...but I'll save them...as I want to post up the clip of the Sentinel Deer settled down at the edge of Owl Woods...I'm beginning to recognize some of them...the one with floppy ear...Flop Ear...and One Antleer too, I think....this group may be all Bucks...there were eleven all together...if there were Does the little one might be One Fawn...couldn't tell as I kept distance...and finished up the day with the loop to Ozone Beach and back to the Cabin...sunny with some clouds...warm..except the Creek water! Report of two Bobcats at Lower Falls...one tiny...and a far away report of an Egret atop a Redwood tree...this by Coast....people like to relate critter stories! Flop Ear's ear looks floppier in the clip! Oh...and Ring Tail Squirrel was in the Last Chance grocery after hours...eating a snickers! The new 12x will have a flash accessory that works with the telephoto lens...so the illusive night critters I may be able to get pics of...would need lights for clips!

No comments: