Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sparrow





I was peddling through Cook's after going to the Post Office...and on the same bush that I took the pic of the Redwing....there was this Sparrow perched in the identical fashion...one foot each on a different twig..."kinda like a gymnast on the rings!"...I told a friend...I thought it a rare way to perch...but I'm thinking now it's a commonplace...Sparrow looks to need some toenail trimming!....went over to Swinging Bridge to find the Cedar mentioned in a book from the library about distinctive trees in the Valley...oh...and the three volume history of the Valley came...that set me back some!....but it's neat...the tree book said Galen Clark's cabin was once by the Cedar...which is supposed to be at Swinging Bridge...found one with the top gone that looked to be it...nice to know though where Clark's cabin was...or at least one of them...like Muir I suspect he moved around...sunny blue warm...Ducks on the Ponds....Finches I think they are...yellow birds that do the morning singing...haven't got a good pic yet...they are about.

No comments: