Monday, November 10, 2008

Cold Day




Cold and and cloudy this morning....had a late breakfast....dealt with the Cabin's dishevelment a bit...then curled up!...but got out and about about two....still cold and cloudy!....went to the Post Office and back on a short walk...forgot the 3x at the Cabin...and had the mini scope with...was going to take pics at the Woodpecker Tree...and Bluebirds at the Artist's Grove...they really like to sit on the splintered stump!...but was stuck without the 3x for the mini scope...after picking it up back at the Cabin I had late lunch and then out to Creek's End...the Four Mallards were there...see clip...it's getting dark fast!..and before I knew it Owl time came...and I heard Owl back in the Woods...after getting back into the Woods I heard Owl back at Creek's End!...and spotted Owl way up on top of the tallest Ponderosa by the Reflecting Pond...earlier I had tried to set up with the digiscope on the Mallards...but they flew off just as I reached to press the shutter button...and as I was setting up with it to sight on Owl...Owl flew off just as I reached for the shutter button!...but it was cool to hear and see Owl...the Moon is almost full and is rising right over Half Dome as seen from Creek's End...tomorrow I'll try there for some pics...cold and cloudy...Sun did peek through and splash some sunlight on Half Dome at dusk....

No comments: