Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rainy Day Hawk
































































Well...the dishevelment of the Cabin has gotten to the point that I thought to forgo a walkabout this morning!..and clean it up!...however....after talking about pics with Edie at breakfast...I thought I better go out and take pics!...I only had the 3x along...so went back and got the 12x...left behind the tripod...the new camera..and the binocs...a mistake!...after crossing over the Creek at the RipRap I went out on Chapel Bridge...took a scenic pic..and noticed something different...I've looked at things so much that when things are out of place I notice...Oh!, I thought..there's a bird perched by the Twig That Was!...took pics but didn't know what I was seeing!...sneaked out Lodgpole Point to get close..and saw it was Heron...one pic through the trees...and Heron flew off..to Heron Point!...in tow now, I followed almost all the way to Ozone Beach...but didn't see Heron again...but Hawk stirred up across the Merced and flew up into a tall Cottonwood!....I sighted with the 112x and the batteries quit...hmpph...really in a fix..but tried for pics with the 3x....Hawk showed no inclination to fly off...so...once again I waded across the Merced...shoes and all...and was able to circle around the tree...now...I know from experience that once the 12x batteries are gone..they're not really gone...I can wait a few minutes and then start up the camera and maybe get one pic...which I was able to do a few times...and very grate full I am that I was able to!....the pic of Hawk in the rain is knockdown...a new favorite!!...I had taken a pic of the Falls just before seeing Hawk...it and the Creek had become continuous...but at work I looked up from the back dock...and it was like Spring!...and tonight the Falls are roaring...eager to see what they are like tomorrow..and the Creek too!...last year it was snow and the Falls and Creek didn't come back until Spring...the magazine Outdoor Photography has an article this month about six must things a photog should do...and one is just get out...agree one hundred percent!!....the clip is of a Mallard I saw on the way...with the 12x...and the Hawk...with the 3x...the telephoto on the 3x just is...blurry!...dont know if that's all it can do...will have to study the book!...it was again cloudy rainy day and not very cold....and maybe I wont catch a cold from the cold wet feet!!

No comments: