Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hawk and Bear








Paddled over to the Post Office...picked up lunch....egg sandwich...actually an after noon breakfast!...and went out through Cook's...lots of noise...work going on...even a stack of cedar roof shingles by the Deer House...which could use them!...so because of the noise thought to have lunch all the way out by CAD beach...and maybe see Hawk, I thought...this was the time last year I got the clips and pics of Coop in Chapel Meadow...had just crossed Chapel Bridge...and starting to take the along the river route...and Hawk flew over!...took a perch in the same tree I got the Xmas eve pics and clips...so Coop's about...took a long distant pic with the 12x...and then set it to video...and tried to get close to Coop with the new camera..got only as close as the pics indicate!...about forty yards...Coop flew off to the other side of the Merced!...I thought the video might show me sneaking up!...but it ran out...card filled up...tonight I put the 8 gig card in it!!...good thing too..as after doing that and a late snack at Last Chance I happened upon Bear back at the Creek...Bear was approaching on the Creek path..and I was coming up the Swath....kindalike an intersection!...started to use the new camera..and thought 'too shady'..and just dropped it!...then all thumbs got the 12x on the tripod..and just pushed the button when Bear came nosing around the tree...Bear saw me and turned right around on the run and down into the Creek...where I could do the rest of the clips..from a little further back!!...came across the Does with Buck several times...at the very end of the day out by the Lily Pond...clips and pics...with the sun gone, I thought to go back to Creek's End to listen for Owls...and once there...heard them out down the river by Chapel Bridge...in other words..out in Cook's where I just was!...sunny warm blue...Tshirt weather...got anther Buckeye Pic...Lady Bugs clip...and a sick or injured Mouse...co worker was poking at something on the edge of the road by Last Chance...'an animal?'...'some kinda rodent'...he was using a long stick...I just picked it up by the tail and put Mouse in my lunch bag for relocation in a more dignified place...clip is too sad to post...it's a tinytiny wee mousey!!

boardwalk repair at CAD beach, and I didn't have lunch breakfast until I reached Ayer's Stump!...I walk by now Swinging Bridge picnic ground with new appreciation...have just bought Sargent's book on Galen Clark...he had a cabin there...which I've mentioned before in regard to the Cedar Tree told of in the Valley tree book...

will try to video one of my sneak ups on Hawk another time!!...Bear seems to have the move!!....see clip!...oh!...and that's the Kingfisher's call in the Bear clip...but once I got to the Deer House...had to go to the Bridge...didn't want wet feet...all that was there were some Acorn Woodpeckers chattering...

No comments: