Friday, November 7, 2008

Four Mallards






The Deer were at the Lower Falls miniMeadow...at the start of the walk to the Post Office....the miniscope came...almost blinded my right eye accidentally pointing it at the High Sierra sun...in just an eye blink I got zapped...took about five minutes for the after image to fade...one has to be careful with cameras and binocs and scopes to stay away from sun...sometimes looking up at Hawk I've had to be careful...with the lcd view of the 12x it may not be a problem...but dont want to try...optical viewfinders for sure are a hazard...but what a neat little scope!...I hope it works tomorrow with the 3x camera...what I'll do is use the Barska bracket...oh...and the Wildlife Federation stamp books came...1938 to 1951...they are really cool...and a good introduction to some wildlife artists...and I like the 40's look...I'll scan some in and post them up to show what I mean...at the very end of the walk I happened on the Four Mallards which were at the Creek near the Bridge...clips and pic....the pics are interesting technically because of the problems I was dealing with!...the females were in a light patch...this often happens with the sunlight falling through the forest...and the males more in shade...and then the depth of field of the long lens is so small I could only focus on the males or the females...not both...and then they kept moving!...I thought to get all four with heads up...but kinda like the ones I got...when the critters do one of these one in a million poses..well..I come a bit unglued!....got another clip of another Doe with Two Fawns over by the Village...thought to include it but would be too long...the Roadside Deer clip is with minimum editing...I just glued the clips together...the Deer told the little story!!...sunny blue cool and a very bright sun!!

2 comments:

Handyman Joe said...

Very nice pictures. I love pictures of nature. I don't have a really good camera, but still have gotten some decent pictures.

JOE

DavidDavid said...

Thanks, Joe!

David