Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wildlife Stampbooks




I paddled over to the Post Office...I had ordered up on amazon the Grinnell book...last Wednesday I think...Animal Life in the Yosemite, Grinnell Storer...it came and it's a big book!....I know much of it is on line..as I've been linking it!...I sat awhile at the Deer House picnic tables looking it over...one of my far flung reporters showed up...Deer and Two Small Fawns were across over by Lower Falls... a Kinglet...I think!...landed in the tall Ponderosa...clip of it hopping about...but too back lit to identify...it made a small call...almost like a Kingfisher...and told my friend I heard another louder one over by Chapel Bridge... I went to the Bridge to investigate and there was a Kingfisher!....just got a glimpse....will have to set awhile there tomorrow...Kingfisher is a very pretty bird...especially in the Fall light and color....back at the Cabin was Mama Doe and Two Large Fawns... sunny warm blue....light breeze....Bobcat on the cover of the Wildlife Federation Stampbook...very cool little books with the stamps...Brown Creeper clip from two days ago...

No comments: