Thursday, August 13, 2009

Deer Creek Crossing




After a late Breakfast...Breakfast is getting later and later!....paddled back to the Creek......at the Swath, I looked over to my right, and glimpsed Mama Doe and Two Fawns milling about the Tiki Temple....which is in the midst of a jumble of unused pipes, an old truck, and such....it's not that big, or unsightly....painted cedar bark dark....and I take little notice of it on my walks...but it's there and hums and smells sometime...so I thought to take clip of the Deer there...but couldn't figure how to get close without spooking them...they wouldn't go far, but they wouldn't have the curio background!....so what to do...I went down the rip rap for another angle...but they were behind trees and everything...so I took a chance and back tracked and went across the Creek at the shallow at the Swath...where I often cross...and found a good spot next to Azalea Bush on the opposite bank...did get a clip with the Temple as backdrop...but for another time...actually, I have lots of Deer clips like this...one favorite...it's winter, snow, and a Doe, curious, is looking inside one of the giant cement pipes, which is upended on it's side...anyway!...Mama Doe and Two Fawns came across the Creek...see clip...pure gold...pure Creek!....I set the 20x t0 record, and took out the new camera...but all the settings were off from last night trying for after dark Bear Cub pic....but I had the foresight, from being clumsy trying to use two cameras and missing the clip of the Mama Bear and Two Cubs wading the Merced, to zoom back the 20x so that it caught the Fawns crossing...albeit tiny...both tikied in the Creek...and I edited that out...when Mama Doe stood up, I thought it might be from me fussing with the new camera....and I thought to sit down...maybe Mama Doe would sit back down!...no...instead she started walking right towards me!....I'm on the ground, and the 20x high above on the tripod...I lifted it all, and unlocked the legs so I could splay them...and that brought the camera down a bit...like only a foot over my head!...and Mama Doe just ignored all this...so I started a clip using the swing out lcd screen to see....and that worked...very well...I really really like this clip!...and I got two more good clips today!!....at the end of the walk...I looped out to Bobcat Meadow and back to the Deer House...I get sorta pushed around by tourists...two were at Creek's End...so didn't stay...and two on a favorite log at the Deer house..so didn't sit...but at the Deer House, Mama Doe was standing alone near the Creek...and then trotted over to me...oh...I'll put the clip up tomorrow...she's either looking for her Two Fawns.....or being very wary...ears turning this way and that...hard to describe...the Deer House is in the background...anywayanyway, and at lunch at work, I crossed over the Road to the Climbing Slope....and sat and had lunch...a peaceful break from Last Chance...where pushing is common!...and two Ground Squirrels were standing up and eating the grasses...have to see that clip too....for tomorrow...I may not walkabout tomorrow...need to put books on the bookshelves and houseclean...inspection Friday...did some tonight while doing upload...whenever I move books I stop to read them!...so it takes awhile!!....sunny hot blue with light breeze....report of Bear at Camp 4....and same reporter, on trip to Oakhurst, saw Mountain Lion cross Road after dark....

Link for today:
http://yubanet.com/life/America-s-Top-100-Family-Campgrounds-Announced-by-ReserveAmerica.php

No comments: