Friday, August 7, 2009

Three Mallards






I was sitting on Owl Log, trying to take pics of flying Violet Green Swallows, and Two Mallards waddled over to me...clip up...and they met up with another Mallard behind the Old Branch...pic...kinda cool!...went back to the Swallows, but not enough light for the lens...it was clouded over!...and cool!...but no rain...picked up, and heard Hawk a long ways off toward Ozone Beach...went along the Merced thataway, and found some more Swallows....and tried again...and one more Mallard came along...I was in Mallard's way sitting near the water...and Mallard waddled right around me..clip...I took almost a hundred Swallow pics...all blurred ...but so close to being okay that I saved a lot for reference...back at Creek's End, one did alight on the Old Branch...which is going to be a great perch thereabout...out in the River I dont seen any perch branches...no twigs!...tomorrow I'm going to put the fifty mm 1.8 lens on the new camera...and if the Swallows are still about, maybe I can get some pics....for sure tomorrow the one pic of Swallow perched I'll put up...just too much for tonight...Hawk's one call was all...no luck...

No comments: