Monday, August 24, 2009

Seven Mergansers











No walk in the morning....the little Frogs are still about...clip....this from the beginning of the evening walk...which was mostly a sit at Owl Log....which was in keeping with most of the day spent just napping and watching tv...and not much tv, as all the shows repeats!...anyway....the little Birds were about at Owl Log...and really did get Grey Warbler pic and clip....I guess the other little bird is a Tanager...but not sure at all...and think it might be an Indigo Bunting...doesn't look big enough for Tanager...I had very little luck sighting the little birds...set the new camera to manual focus, 1600 iso, for the branches and low light...Mallards came by...then I saw some fluttering Dragonfly wings by the pool behind the Log...and as I started the clip, the Grey Warbler alighted!...veryvery lucky....I saw occasionally some sawdust floating in the air...a bit mystified by this, until I discovered the Ants...busy as little egyptians....picked up...no hoo hoos, and light gone from Half Dome...and nearing Ozone Beach, I saw two Ducks...that I checked with the binocs...Mergansers!!....I set up the 20x, and through the view saw two more land...very cool...then in the clip the other three arrive...and all together they were Seven...sunny hot blue...still flummoxed by the almost car purchase...
Link of the Day (with some good Tanager pics!)

No comments: