Monday, August 17, 2009

Twin Cedars Owl




Sun was up, but did get out and about early....took a different route, over to the Creek and the Deer House...took some pics I like of the House in the morning light....and one too of Chapel Bridge...for sometime....heard Kingfisher, maybe two!, at Chapel Bridge....very long distant pic....walked out along the Merced's South Bank, hopeful to catch up with Kingfisher...but no luck...Deer crossing River at Half Stump...clip for sometime...the morning light on the opposite North Bank is wonderful....will do this route and time more often!....a good Creeper pic at the Aspen Grove...at Swinging Bridge, I came back along the River...so backtracked...some tourists were watching Mama Doe and Two Fawns at Ozone Beach....not sure though...didn't see them clear my own self....back again at Chapel Bridge, I heard Hawk call way across Bobcat Meadow...and made that loop....and right back again to the Deer House, over the Creek, and to Breakfast....thought I might see Owl in the Deer House Oaks like last night...and was disappointed...needn't have been!...soon as I got to the Swath Rip Rap on the evening walk, (after napping and tv!!), I heard Owl...and once down in the Creek, looked upstream to the Twin Fallen Cedars....and there Owl was!......Owl sat a long while, and I took many low light pics and clips...some in HD...the last, a Big Wings take off into the Forest...I think Owl is AspenOrCottonwood , but could be Sentinel...it's a unique scene at one of my first personally named Creek landmarks, and I put it on the mast!!....oh...Coyote was upstaged by Owl...morning clip of Coyote catching Ground Squirrel...for sometime....pic of Chicaree at Swinging Bridge too...and some morning scenics...all for sometime!...sunny hot blue....cool morning warming up around ten.....only one call from Hawk..so no luck...thought to go to Tuolumne for overnight hike...glad I stayed in the Valley...tomorrow I'll go to Tuolumne for the afternoon....Owl on the Twin Cedars pic is too big for the mast....took it down...will work with it to make it smaller...oh!...after Owl flew off, I happend on One Bat flying low over the Creek...very low light pics and clips...for sometime!

No comments: