Monday, August 3, 2009

Three Brothers









Out early, and reached Two Top Pine Meadow with the Sun...clip of little Birds at Broken Cottonwood....this is a place I should just preset the digi...and wait...further along, at Sandy Wash, there's a Fallen snag along the Merced, and a standing Snag with many branches. both good places to preset and wait...sighting a digiscope is tough, so what one does is sight on a branch...and wait...which is exactly what I did over under the Snags at Rocky Point...caught one quick glimpse of Falcon...but quiet...until I heard Falcon back out in the Meadow...picked up...partly disassembled the digi...took the camera off, and the bracket, and slung the scope over my shoulder...and when I got to Beaver Bend across the Road, I looked back at the Snags...and there was Falcon...a long ways away!..pic up is crop....before I could reassemble the digi, Falcon dove down to the Rocks...oh!...I might have this chronology wrong!...I think that's what drew me over to the Point, Falcon's dive....yes...and after I picked up, and at Beaver Bend again, I did see Falcon a second time...and not one Falcon, but three...One flying towards El Cap...and Two towards the Falls...been wanting to walk out to El Cap in the Morning...so I went thataway...along the way, Golden Mantle Squirrel clip and pics..pic up...Three Bucks...clip up...and nearing El Cap, I crossed back over the Road and found the Trail on the Wall side...which takes one right up to the Nose...I looked for climbers....could hear them..the Wall magnifies sound....but took awhile to find two...dont know how many were up there!!...clip and pic...kinda cool...for sometime....Sun was up and making things warmer, so located the Shuttle stop..and took the El Cap Shuttle back to the Village...mail check...then back to the Cabin and sleep...there's no 'Cabin' delivery of mail..which is why a trip to the Post Office is often part of a walk!....had late lunch, and watched some TV, and then out to Creek's End for the Evening Listen....quiet, but I think I saw Kingfisher fly by...really fast!...and did see three groups of Mallards fly by, and one from the Creek!...and some Ravens..a Bat....on way back, Primrose flash pic....the morning and evening are cool now..and some clouds rolled through for a little bit of cool...but it is still sunny hot blue!....traded Bear reports with the Shuttle driver...a good friend, who often asks how my 'pals' are!!

No comments: