Monday, October 5, 2009

Deer House Owls



Snoozed off and on until after five...in the evening!...thought to give a walkabout a try....paddle out to Creek's End and sit awhile at Owl Log...which I did...Ouzel there for company...heard Hawk...somewhere upstream, but stayed put...a nice evening, but cool...and the Log in shade....picked up, and walked the Diversion Channel..and was lucky to sight Owl...Sentinel....perched in same Oak as last evening...pics and clip...digis too....for sometime...very good clip!..pic up....Owl swooped off to the area of the Lunch Sit Log...and in fact, when I got there, Owl, startled, swooped off towards Ozone Beach, and eventually, I imagine, Two Top Pine Meadow....headed back to the Cabin, but when I reached the Backyard, I could hear CottonwoodAndAspen calling...somewhere over by the Deer House...crossed the Creek, and saw Owl swooping low in the Oaks....I could hear them okay, but couldn't see very well!...and was surprised to come up under both of them, one in the Oaks...too dark clip....and the other in the Ponderosa....very cool to see them....almost a clip of Owl flying across Bobcat Meadow with Half Dome in view...this the flight at the end of the clip...and when I was doing the clip of the Meadow, I had thought Owl might fly by...but found Owl overhead....I see many things that the cameras miss for one reason or another...this one of Owl swooping by from the Ponderosa a treasure!!....sunny cool blue....clip in the morning of Two Fawns in the Backyard....

No comments: