Saturday, October 17, 2009

Owls Preening

Clips are mostly mementos of the day...this to say they're a bit blurry or dim or one cant even see the Hawk in the one!...I can...as I can put them together with memory...anyway....after Breakfast, made a futile Shuttle trip to the Village...cashier lines...2!!...way too long...have in mind to use saran wrap to attach the waterproof to the scope for digiscopeing...I can see it work in my imagination...but will have to experiment!...when I can buy some wrap!....anyway...back at the Cabin!...Mama Doe and Two Fawns were browsing right next door...clip....went to the Three Dogwoods out back to check for birds feeding on the seeds...just one Robin..clip...and only one of the Trees has a full crop of seeds...keep my fingers crossed that things align and I can get some pics like last Fall...paddled back to the Creek..tourists about...and diverted through the Woods and back to the Cabin early...stretched out on the bunk and napped a bit before work...the Village trip miss aligned everything!...sunny warm and blue...and the Fall colors showing off....at lunch, heard Hawk calling loud from the Woods just outside Last Chance's door!...hurried across the Road and took too much time trying to find a quiet route to get to Hawk's location...lots of high grass and fallen trees and things to negotiate in the Woods!...and I wanted not to spill my coffee...found myself in a low spot, and glimpsed Hawk move from one Tree to another...made clip of call...tried to approach, but Hawk picked up and flew high, angling towards me and to a tall snag to perch...that' s in the clip!...but I cant resolve Hawk on top of the snag....so dont know which Hawk...call sounds a bit Falconish!...tried to follow...but not enough time, and with what time left, thought to just sit...still had the coffee...no sooner than I sat, then I heard Owl call...did get a couple sips of coffee...but picked up and located Owl...clip...likely CottonwoodOrAspen...and was calling to likely AspenOrCottonwood....which I located in a tall Oak....both were preening...I think Mama Doe and Two Fawns were below the Oak...did see one Fawn...clip...report of Bear at Lower Falls from tourist on the Shuttle...'lots of video'...bit envious of that...haven't seen Bear in awhile...except in the Dark the other night...heard Bear then very close in the bushes!!

No comments: