Saturday, October 24, 2009

Owl And Maple Leaf




After Breakfast, geared up and went back to the Three Dogwoods, set up the tripod, low...and sat on the old paint bucket, and waitedwaited....had the digi with too...but better with the 2ox....they were there...the Robins and Flickers...even a Downy Woodpecker over in the Broadleaf Maple...clip...but every time I'd get close to getting a clip...the Robins and Flickers would fly off!...first disturbance, Two Fawns came pronging out of the Forest right in front of me...Mama Doe just behind...all looking back...and I looked where they were looking...tourists walking their dog!..hmmph...and of course the birds were startled away...I waitedwaited for them to come back...when they did, something else, I dont know what, startled them...hadn't realize the backyard is a kinda thoroughfare!...anyway, did get one short clip up I like....picked up, and with time remaining, made a loop through the Woods....heard Hawk away across the Merced again...much the same place as yesterday...went to the shore, listened, and thought, 'one more call, and I'm wading again'...but there were no more calls...just more tourists walking the opposite shore...sunny warm with odd looking hazy clouds...pic....at lunch, went to the Log with a coffee and sat...before long I heard Owl...and thought to go looksee...Mama Doe and Two Fawns were at the Brier Patch again... tried for pics of all three together...all looking my way, I should add...and meanwhile, I kept hearing Owl....picked up, and walked towards Owl's call...though Owl wasn't calling anymore!....disappointed, and time, I started up the return use trail, and Owl swooped into the Broad Leaf Maple snag just above...very cool...wish I had time to stay...Owl flying off from the snag a wished for pic!!,..but got some good dramatic light pics....

No comments: