Thursday, February 11, 2010

Contrails And Hawks
















OutAndAbout a bit earlier....Hawk, Coop, was in the Big Oak just to the Deer House side of the Path by Flicker Grove....and this time I startled Hawk...Hawk was making an odd call high in the Oak, and then flew to the Pines back by the Creek....followed, but not much luck...did get a pic!...which kept the string going, but not much of a pic, I thought...disappointed, I hung around Bobcat Meadow awhile, then went to the Post Office...Deer were about by the Elm...pic...counted nine....picked up mail, and when I started back to the Meadow, the Deer from the Meadow showed up, and congregated in front of the Gallery....got some kinda cool pics, and took lots clips...other photogs with the Gallery in background making them so...for sometime...paddled back to the Cabin after a sit awhile at the Long Fallen Ponderosa...quiet...dressed for work, and when I started out the Cabin's Door...Door's actually...spent much time this morning fixing the inner one...anyway...I sighted Hawk, Cedar, flying over the Swimming Pool across the Road....trotted over to the Room's Sidewalks...and with Bobcat in pursuit behind, I tried to reach Cedar before Bobcat did...not the critter sorta Bobcat, the mechanical miniature skip loader...it was huffing and puffing and bangitybanging clearing Snow...thought sure Cedar would fly off...but the Bobcat turned....and I was able to Indian Sneak from Tree Trunk to Tree Trunk, and got some pics of Cedar I like, making the string more defined!...Cedar was right next to the Bar and Big Windows, which are a concern...dont know, but I think Cedar was the 'falcon' that was seen hitting the windows and recovering awhile back....the Contrails pic was taken when I was first out in the Meadow...the Trails show up in certain types of weather...want to say 'high sky' weather...there was high overcast, cerulean blue, warm, with a light breeze...the ghostly breeze has been about most days...report of unidentifiable critter in the middle of the night over at the Train Wreck...'like a poodle, or small sheep'...'lots of fur'...'pale in color'....sounds like a Bear Cub...but will have to get more info....and report from the photo walk class of Blue Heron 'rusty color' at Lower Falls...'great pics'...this yesterday, and student had downloaded and deleted from camera, so no looksee...hmmph, to both reports!...oh, while I was by the Woodpecker Tree, Coop came flying by on my right over the River, and banked into the Artist's Grove...but couldn't locate...photogs walk along the Meadow Path watching the Falls...I watch the Tree Line along the Merced!

1 comment:

yosemite faith said...

love to see the birds face!