Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hawk At Breakfast


I'd just finished Breakfast of french toast and sausages, and was gazing out the Last Chance Big Windows ...and Hawk, Cedar flew by low....Cedar went to the favorite group of Trees by the Rooms...I stood right up, set up the new camera while going out the door, crossed the Road, and just aways along the Sidewalk, saw Cedar was in an Alder...very cool!...Branches much in the way, but I like the pic...Cedar flew a short way to perch atop one of the broken off Alders, and I started along the Sidewalk thataway...a tourist was coming the other way, and so as not to draw their attention to Cedar, I looked away to my left...a big mistake!...as just in that brief time, Cedar flew off somewhere unknown...tourist was just too close, like six feet, though unknowing!....hmmph...I could have framed Cedar with Sentinel in background, and Cedar was animated, wings spread and stretching....paddled back to the Cabin on the Bike Path, hoping to relocate Cedar, but no luck....and at the Cabin, went to work clearing out the Bus of things stored inside....mostly discarded stuff I had no way to discard!...old printers, scanner, skis, boots that didn't fit...Deer Mice made a grain storage out of one of the boots!, worn out sleeping bags...just too much stuff I've accumulated....finished, and called up the towaway truckers, and they need the title, which I just dont know where it's gone...ever since I had to move things in a hurry for the carpet layers, I cant' find anything...so the Bus remains until I can find the pink slip...hmmph...looked awhile, but no luck...it's hereabout somewhere...nothing gets out!...anyway, flustered annoyed I went and sat awhile on the LunchSitLog...quiet, until with fifteen minutes before work, I heard Cedar somewhere by Creek's End...paddled out to the Merced....Cedar calling on the other side in the Meadow...listenedlooked...finally glimpsed Cedar about half way to Chapel Bridge flying to a new perch, but couldn't see which Tree....a cloudy even grey sky all day....went to the Log at lunch...my Owl finding friend was there too, and we talked a bit and listened, but no hoo hoos...oh!...report of Bobcat 'just sitting on the boulders' by the Rocky Slope Trail behind the Warehouse about...and this in late evening...not many reports of Bobcat seen at dusk....

1 comment:

yosemite faith said...

i really like the picture also!