Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kern River Woodducks









Woodduck pics and clips from the weekend trip....paddled over to Bobcat Meadow after Breakfast....all the Bald Eagle reports 'made me look' a lot!....most reports are from down in the Merced Canyon, but two neighbors saw the Eagle at the top of Upper Falls....and after inquisitive questioning, they all confirm the sighting by mentioning the White Tail....a Magnificent Blue Sky Day for Big Wings...but no sightings...a quiet walk over to the Post Office, and back the same way around about the Meadow, with a looksee across Chapel Bridge...sunny blueblue with puff clouds, warm...snow getting very thin and patchy....my Crane adoption papers came in the mail...will post them up tomorrow...I was at Hart Park in Bakersfield when I took the Woodduck pics and clips, the Park has a lagoon, where I took the Pics, and along it's side the River is flowing, where I took the clips--a small island thereabout...Woodducks kept to the far side....I was having trouble with the digi, as I forgot to take the new bracket along!...rigged a bracket with a piece of wood, rubberbands, and my bandana!!!....Grey Squirrel pic by the Creek Footbridge....I've seen Chickaree hunt for the grubs in the Cedars, and now Grey Squirrel too...Chickaree at the end of the Walk in the Parking lot...ran around a parked car's tire for no reason I could discern!...

Link of the Day: (Peterson Field Guides puts up clips...this one at youTub...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUukFhxA6xY&NR=1

No comments: